A Proven Leader For A Brighter Future
Four years ago when I was first elected Vice Mayor, I made a commitment to advocate for a revitalized Downtown Homestead and safe and healthy buildings for our police officers and city employees. I also promised to lead the effort to change Homestead's focus to tourism related to our neighboring National Parks as a means to generate jobs and economic prosperity citywide. Four years later we have constructed,on time and on budget, a new City Hall, Police Station, and a revitalized Seminole Theatre in the heart of Homestead's Downtown. We have also successfully launched the free ranger guided Homestead National Parks Trolley service that connects our historic downtown with Everglades and Biscayne National Parks and hosts more than 15,000 riders annually.
However, the job is not yet done and even greater projects are already underway and on the horizon including a parking garage and retail center, bowling alley, movie theater, Cybrary and a revamped Downtown Central Park. Therefore, I am seeking re-election because there is still more work left to be done to finish the tasks that I set out to accomplish four years ago. I ask that you to take a few minutes to learn a little about me and what issues I hope to address if re-elected to Homestead's City Council.
My 6-Point Pledge for Homestead
I pledge that I will focus on the following issues to make sure that the City of Homestead continues to be a unique place to live, work and play:
1) Advocate for additional police officers and focus on public safety,
2) Develop a balanced budget without raising property taxes,
3) Continue to Focus on economic development, job creation, tourism and strengthening our partnership with our neighboring National Parks,
4) Continued revitalization of Homestead’s Downtown by focusing on recruitment of small businesses, retail stores and entertainment venues,
5) Focus on attracting family entertainment and outdoor recreation facilities and operators to Homestead,
6) Examine solutions to address Homestead’s growing traffic congestion and improve Homestead's aesthetics citywide.
If re-elected, I will work hard to implement this plan by utilizing my education in economics and the law and my government experience. I encourage you to contact me to learn more about me, my platform and my vision for the City of Homestead. You can email me at email@example.com or call me at (786) 408-3619. The more questions, comments and concerns I receive from the community, the better advocate and councilperson I will become.